Tuesday, August 18, 2009

What's this all about?

Simply put, this blog is about aging, as a woman. I think men have their own special feelings about growing older, which I will not address here. Not that I do not care about the plight of the aging male, far from it, as one resides in my household; however, as I inch my way toward forty, I only have energy to be concerned with myself and my sisters. There seems to be so much more to aging for women, and being one myself, it's natural that it's my main concern. I am sure that this "journey," as popular media characterizes it, is not going to be easy, and I want to be part of making it better...for myself and for others.

As a nurse, I can see that some women do it right. And others, well, they either succumb altogether and look as if the life has been literally sucked out of them, or they fight it tooth and nail and emerge with not much more than their teeth or fingernails with which to identify their former selves. I want to be somewhere in the middle. I don't want to go lightly into old age, but I also don't want to end up with a silly putty nose and a buoy for my boobs. How about you? How do you want to handle your aging?

No comments:

Post a Comment