Saturday, December 12, 2009

A Helpful Site

http://www.agemoreslowly.com/

I have no idea if this site is helpful or not, but I figure I have to start compiling some resouces, as I undertake this endeavor. As many of you know, I am a nurse with a two bachelor's degrees. And, in most BSN programs, they really push you to continue your education. Research is a significant part of a majority of undergraduate nursing programs these days. As such, I know the value of peer reviewed journals; however, I have to admit that I gleen much of my anti-aging advice from magazines. I was a writer long before I was a nurse, and I know from publishing that most journalists strive include sources that actually know something about the topics at hand. If you are writing about anti-aging in consumer magazines, you better be consulting dermatologists in New York and Los Angeles; the areas that most people look to for the "firsts" in beauty. This site is not from something I read in Allure, In Style or the like, but rather from an internet search. The proprietor of this site is a PhD in Molecular Biology, and she strives to know what really works and what is hype in the world of anti-aging. It's not a glamourous site, but it has some interesting information.

No comments:

Post a Comment